Wednesday 18 May 2016

L'oreal Extraordinary Clay


What is it?
This is a range of hair care products aimed at oily hair.

Why it interested me?
When is saw the range I was excited as it was aimed at people with oily hair which for me is a constant struggle. The majority of shampoos and conditioners aimed at oily hair are over stripping then not very conditioning leaving dry hair. What most interested me was the hair mask.

What did I enjoy?
The shampoo is nonstripping meaning it makes the hair feel clean rather than dry but I don't find it suitable for everyday use so it was a definite joy to use. Likewise, the conditioner leaves the hair feeling smooth and manageable without making it more greasy and it's not thick so you don't need much.

What was the mask like?
The mask is thick resembling nothing I've used before but the most precise way to describe it is similar to a thick cream cheese yet creamier . The smell isn't the nicest and is slightly offensive but it doesn't bother me too much. You apply it the same you would apply hair dye to roots by sections and It only needs to be left in for 5 minutes although I didn't find that leaving it in for any longer had any adverse effect. It was easily rinsed out by warm water in the shower.

Was my hair any less oily?
I didn't feel that the hair mask was especially helpful. I didn't feel that it left my scalp noticeably less greasy and to pay for something extra alongside my usual shampoo and con I expect to be wowed. It's good for hair that hasn't been washed in a while and I will probably use it at least weekly but like almost all masks I'll presumably forget about it and chuck it away when I'm cleaning out. The shampoo and conditioner are some of my favourites and would defiantly recommend.

Would I repurchase the range?
Most likely yes although I will probably omit the mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment