Friday 20 May 2016

Clearly Youthful AHA/BHA exfoliating cream cleanser


Why It interested me?
I originally saw this on Instagram and very quickly decided I needed it and I've liked other products in the range before such as the night serum. At the time when I saw this product I was looking for some new cream cleansers and the idea of a nonphysical exfoliating cleanser excited me.

How I used it?
The directions recommend using a cotton wool pad and sweeping it over your face. Don't listen to that as washing with water is important for exfoliation. I used warm water and a muslin cloth. Unlike a physical exfoliator, I think you could use this as often as you like just use it a bit less if your skin gets irritated or you're using other AHA's (you're probably fine with BHA's).

What did I like?
As I said before it is a nonphysical or nonmechanical exfoliator meaning it uses acids instead of grains, charcoal or plastic beads... which I much prefer as they give a much better and nondamaging exfoliation. The BHA is great for acne and blackheads and the AHA (lactic acid) is good for evening skin tone.

What I disliked?
It can be slightly irritating if you have already irritated skin but if you have sensitive skin and this is the only AHA/BHA you use it shouldn't be a problem.

Who's it for?
Anyone. The Clearly Youthful is for people looking for clear skin and anti-aging but many of the active ingredients they used can help many skin type. If you have sensitive skin and you're looking for an AHA or BHA then this wouldn't be a bad choice.

Where can I get it?
Superdrug £3.69
http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare-Offers/Superdrug-Clearly-Youthful-Cream-Cleanse-150ml/p/296601

No comments:

Post a Comment