Friday 1 January 2016

The 5 Most Important Pieces of Equipment Needed for Revision or Studying

Whether I'm cramming for a big test or doing a little version this is the equipment I always have on hand. Over the past few years my revision technique has changed and diversified. I recommend you try something new next time you revise because for a long time I just used a notepad, a pen and a revision guide and ignored all other techniques that turned out to be very effective.

All levels: GCSE and A Level

1. A Revision Guide

I can't even force myself to use a textbook when revising, they're just so big and not very concise. That's why I like a revision guide. To the people from the UK my favourite brand is CGP. They are much easier to revise from and as soon as I started A levels they were the first things I bought. Another great thing is that some come with online versions so if you don't want to carry round a book or you quickly need to look something up when you not at home you can just go online. 

2. Fine liners

Everything looks better when done with fine liners and a large array of colours. Not only that but they make revision more interesting and I find they mean I'm more likely to revise if I have them. Personally I first bought some cheap fine liners from wilko because I didn't know if I was going to use them. Recently though I decided it would be worth buying a more expensive set.

3. Flash cards

Flash cards are a great companion for as you can make colourful notes on them and revise from them. I recommend looking around for them though as I find they're a third the price in my colleges shop.

4. A3 paper

Again, a great companion for fine liners as you can make colourful posters and mind maps. Although the downside is its hard to find as they don't sell it in most supermarkets or small stationary shops. I got mine from staples (a 30 page, 90 gsm sketch pad) but you can also find some on Amazon.

A Level

5. Subject A-Z or Dictionary

Recently I was recommended a set of subject A-Zs. I find them useful as at A level there are more words that I have to learn in chemistry and physics, most textbooks don't have glossaries and Google can often be confusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment